West Texas Bible Institute
The West Texas District Council is pleased to provide its West Texas Bible Institute (WTBI). WTBI is open to aspiring ministers and lay persons alike. It provides a convenient and accessible opportunity for Biblical and ministerial training. WTBI is a member of the Association for District Schools of Ministry that individuals to complete the educational requirements of the Assemblies of God for credentialing.
West Texas Bible Institute
- One Saturday per month
- 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Lunch is provided
For more information please contact Tracy McWilliams.
Courses completed through the West Texas Bible Institute that are required by the Assemblies of God for credentials meet the educational requirements of the General Council for the respective level of credential. Completion of the courses, however, does not guarantee that a ministry credential will be granted, or that preferential treatment will be given to those completing the required ministerial training courses through the West Texas Bible Institute. The credentialing of ministers is a process separate from completion of the educational requirements.
WTBI is a non-accredited Bible institute. While endorsed by the Executive Presbytery of the General Council of the Assemblies of God for ministerial training, courses completed through the school do not automatically qualify for college credit.
Click on the Student Handbook link, download, and print out
Level I – CERTIFIED LEVEL
- February 12: Cert 101 New Testament Survey
- March 19: Cert 102 Introduction to Theology
- April 23: Cert 103 Old Testament Survey
- May 21: Cert 104 Life of Christ
- June 18: Cert 105 Hermeneutics
- August 13: Cert 106 AG History, Missions & Governance
- September 10: Cert 107 Introduction to Pentecostal Doctrine
- October 15: Cert 108 Ministerial Ethics
- November 12: Cert 109 Spirit Empowered Churches
Level II – LICENSED LEVEL
- February 12: LIC 201 Acts
- March 19: LIC 202 Prison Epistles
- April 23: LIC 203 Evangelism
- May 21: LIC 204 Romans
- June 18: LIC 205 Homiletics
- August 13: LIC 206 Leadership Skills
- September 10: LIC 207 Eschatology
- October 15: LIC 208 Missions
- November 12: LIC 209 Conflict Resolution
Level I – ORDAINED LEVEL
- February 12: ORD 301 Prayer & Worship
- March 19: ORD 302 Corinthians
- April 23: ORD 303 Pentateuch
- May 21: ORD 304 Poetic Books
- June 18: ORD 305 Preaching in Cultural Context
- August 13: ORD 306 Church Administration, Law and Finance
- September 10: ORD 307 Pastoral Ministry
Click on above link and register now online.
After completing the online registration form, you will be redirected to the West Texas District’s Online Giving Page located here: https://wtaog.churchcenter.com/
- Log In or Register
- Under “My Donation” do the following
- Enter the Total Fee amount from this form (SEE EMAIL)
- For the fund select “Bible Institute”
Plus you will receive an email with a link to a Pastor’s Endorsement which is required to complete registration.
If unable to register online use the following form:
If you cannot use the online form, then click the above link, download file, fill out on your computer, print out, sign, and mail to district office with applicable fees.