West Texas Bible Institute
The West Texas District Council is pleased to provide its West Texas Bible Institute (WTBI). WTBI is open to aspiring ministers and lay persons alike. It provides a convenient and accessible opportunity for Biblical and ministerial training. WTBI is a member of the Association for District Schools of Ministry that individuals to complete the educational requirements of the Assemblies of God for credentialing.
West Texas Bible Institute
- One Saturday per month
- 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Lunch is provided
For more information please contact Tracy McWilliams.
Courses completed through the West Texas Bible Institute that are required by the Assemblies of God for credentials meet the educational requirements of the General Council for the respective level of credential. Completion of the courses, however, does not guarantee that a ministry credential will be granted, or that preferential treatment will be given to those completing the required ministerial training courses through the West Texas Bible Institute. The credentialing of ministers is a process separate from completion of the educational requirements.
WTBI is a non-accredited Bible institute. While endorsed by the Executive Presbytery of the General Council of the Assemblies of God for ministerial training, courses completed through the school do not automatically qualify for college credit.
Click on the Student Handbook link, download, and print out
Level I – CERTIFIED LEVEL
- February 11: Cert 101 New Testament Survey
- March 18: Cert 102 Introduction to Theology
- April 22 Cert 103 Old Testament Survey
- May 20: Cert 104 Life of Christ
- June 24: Cert 105 Hermeneutics
- August 12: Cert 106 AG History, Missions & Governance
- September 9: Cert 107 Introduction to Pentecostal Doctrine
- October 14: Cert 108 Ministerial Ethics
- November 11 : Cert 109 Spirit Empowered Churches
Level II – LICENSED LEVEL
- February 11: LIC 201 Acts
- March 18: LIC 202 Prison Epistles
- April 22: LIC 203 Evangelism
- May 20: LIC 204 Romans
- June 24: LIC 205 Homiletics
- August 12: LIC 206 Leadership Skills
- September 9: LIC 207 Eschatology
- October 14: LIC 208 Missions
- November 11: LIC 209 Conflict Resolution
Level I – ORDAINED LEVEL
- February 11: ORD 301 Prayer & Worship
- March 18: ORD 302 Corinthians
- April 22: ORD 303 Pentateuch
- May 20: ORD 304 Poetic Books
- June 24: ORD 305 Preaching in Cultural Context
- August 12: ORD 306 Church Administration, Law and Finance
- September 9: ORD 307 Pastoral Ministry
Click on above link and register now online.
After completing the online registration form, you will be redirected to the West Texas District’s Online Giving Page located here: https://wtaog.churchcenter.com
- Log In or Register
- Under “My Donation” do the following
- Enter the Total Fee amount from this form (SEE EMAIL)
- For the fund select “Bible Institute”
Plus you will receive an email with a link to a Pastor’s Endorsement which is required to complete registration.
If unable to register online use the following form:
If you cannot use the online form, then click the above link, download file, fill out on your computer, print out, sign, and mail to district office with applicable fees.